Deepak Shukla’s Notes On The Best of Les Brown Audio Collection by Les Brown – Notes :
I finished reading this book on the 10th of January, 2021.
Here’s a synopsis of the book I grabbed from Amazon:
“Study the science of achievement through the wisdom of the world’s leading motivational speaker, Les Brown.
In this collection of live keynote speeches, Les Brown’s straight-from-the-heart approach will change your belief in what you can achieve. This popular collection of audio recordings includes Les Brown’s most powerful speeches. You’ll have unlimited access to his timeless insights and discover how to live the life of your dreams. You have greatness within you; it merely takes persistence to let it unfold.
And here are my actual notes I took whilst I was listening to this on Audible:
- What if you lived your whole life to discover that it was wrong
- The value of coaching is that you can’t see the picture when you’re in the frame
- To become a pencil in the hand of God and start a new chapter in their lives
- Personality and passion is far more important than the information.
- Never make a point without a story and never tell a story without a point
- Focus on the messenger not on the message.
- The best speakers make the fewest words go the farthest
- People that are hungry do not go where the path may lead but create a path of their own and leave a trail
- To get to places you have not yet been you have to do things you have not yet done
- Always try to get on top in life because at the bottom it’s overcrowded
- Impact drives income
- Create a good reputation
- Build relationships. Give before you ask
- Provide more service than you get paid for
- Opportunity stands by silently waiting for you to recognise it
- I expect to live my dream
- Passion is god’s will in you
- Give them a vision of themselves doing it
- Create an experience for them around your story
- Conduct communications intelligence. Find out what your audience want
- Don’t let what you want to say get in the way of what your customer needs to hear
- For the naysayers the best revenge is massive success
- Anger blows out the lamp of the mind
- Don’t listen to the critics.
- Learn to become unreasonable
- The wealthiest place in the world is the cemetery. Where lies the pastures of unfulfilled potential
- Live full and die empty
- Learn how to tell your story
- Who are you?
- What do you have?
- Why should I care?
- Need to get access to people who will pay you for what you know
- Most people go so far in life and then they park
- Look at someone for what they could be and they will become what they should be
- What’s some social goal you want to achieve?
- What’s some financial goal you want to achieve?
- What’s some personal goal you want to achieve?
- Do not go where the path may lead but go where there’s no path – and leave a trail