Reading Time: 2 minutes
Click this link to purchase from Amazon.
Click this link to purchase from Audible.
Deepak Shukla’s Notes On How to Focus (Fastlane to Success Bundle) by Anthony Heston
I finished reading this book on the 10th of January 2021.
Here’s a synopsis of the book I grabbed from Amazon:
“Anyone can develop and adopt the same mind-set that has helped most of the influential and successful figures of our time to achieve greatness.
The proven strategies and methods included in this guide will help people of all ages adopt a winner’s mindset. When properly applied, they’ve been shown to work time and again. It’s up to you to take the first step!”
And here are my actual notes I took whilst I was listening to this on Audible:
- Routine before starting an activity (to normalise a task/prepare it for what lies ahead)
- Focus one of the key tenets of long term memory retention
- Multi-tasking / interleaving is mixing old techniques with new techniques – best way to learn
- Interleaving – practice the whole thing regularly when trying to remember shit ie practical implementation
- High impact of retention depends upon the way individuals implement lessons
- Forgetting curve is how quickly we forget things
- Should present a weekly update of activity in practice
- Frequent repetition is necessary for active learning
- The objective is to reach 90% for all workers
- Edgar Dale principle – remember 10% of what was read if relayed in text, 20% of what was heard if relayed in audio, 50% of what they hear and see and 90% of what they do (an application of learning to practice)
- Adequate sleep important
- Chewing gum improves focus which improves memory
- For recurring tests if you use same perfume it has been proven to boost memory recollection
- Putting info into a rhyme helps learning also
- Vitamin D important as well
- Practice remembering random bits of information through associations
- Exercise important also
- Eat more choline
- Eat more blueberries